Saturday, March 12, 2011

trust and see what happens...

Why woud someone who trusts you a lot put you in a spot? You get to know that they are unhappy and you make your best attempt to get in touch with them and they simply ignore you. Is it because they want to know that they are not happy, but do not wish to discuss with you? For someone who wants you to know they are depressed, shouldn't they be making an effort to talk as well?

You are in middle of something, and you get to know that the person is depressed. You are concerned and you try to contact him/her. You mail/call/skype/gtalk or whatever you can. But there is no response. How do you feel? Scared that he/she has done something to self? How many people felt that way? or how many have done that to you? I figured out that it happens to me more often than not. Is it just me? or people love to play with me? I do not know.

Normally, I'm not an emotional person and im not that sentimentally attached to people around me. But there are some who have proved special and I care about them. And the sad part is they dont bother about it. Whenever I talk/meet, they paint the sad picture. But will not respond when I want to be there for them. They are busy shopping or going out with other friends.

Walter Anderson had said "We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy". I feel trust is the most important part of an relationship. Be it love or friendship. That is the best thing you can get. Not mutual admiration, not love, not the time spent together. Its the knowledge that you have the other person come what may and you will be there for him/her. There are people who misuse this. I'm not denying the fact. But if the person really is worth it, you will stand by him/her. Let me use another quote here. This by Ralph Waldo Emerson -"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it's the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friend."

Marriage they say is not a word but a sentence. Life long sentence. Love is blind and marriage is an institution. Its been two years since I entered the institution for clinically blind. We have maintained a long distance relationship pretty well, with our fair share of fights. She drives me up the wall sometimes with her attitude and mood swings. But i know how good she is and how much she loves me. Even with all her shoutings and yellings, I know that at the end of the day she will be there for me always.

If you cannot trust a friend, then are not allowing that friend to be the friend that you need them to be. I'm not sure if that made sense. OK, Why do I end up writing philosophical bullshit on my blog? I have no idea. Tried to stop but somehow I just cant help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment