Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The one? meh.

How difficult is finding a car? An automatic (i don't know how to drive a manual), low mileage, low cost car. How tough can it be? The answer is very tough. I cannot for the life of me find a good car. Now i am not asking for a fancy Merc or BMW for less price. No. I need a Honda or a Toyota or a Nissan or a Mitsubishi. Turns out the market is down. The dealer i went to few days ago almost cried about it. May be he was just trying to rip the foreigners. Who knows.
Seriously, if finding a car is so difficult, how difficult is finding a spouse? Love marriage or arranged, finding your life partner is increasingly becoming difficult.So they say. Or may be its just in the Havyaka community. I do not know what the girls are looking for in a guy. Special software Mojo perhaps. My mother is worried about finding a girl for my brother. He is currently working for the great NRN. He is studying for IAS as well. So plenty of whatever the Havyaka chicks are looking for. I did not want all this hassle. I finished college and as soon as I got into my job, I asked my best friend to marry me. Problem solved. Now, it is not a normal thing to get married when you have a eligible elder brother. But he was not interested in it and I couldn't wait. Its been two years and we are married and happy. I am married and she is happy. (Old joke I know.. but manchi joku kaadhanDi?)
Many people asked me how did you realize that she was the one? Ok not exactly the truth. Only one person has asked that till now. (that’s my wife.. ). Anyway for girls its pretty straight forward. As Ashish Shakya puts it, Indian girls look for just three things in guys. Fair, god fearing and not Rahul Mahajan.  Couldn't agree more about the third one. I'm not sure about first two though. What do girls look for? Money and looks? I am not sure. I heard that Sarah Jessica Parker from Sex and the City (**cough**horse woman**cough**) gives advice on such stuff. She is, as the hiphop lingo puts it, batshit insane. Just something to remember before you search for advice and read and say “Holy &*$%”.
For guys, although there's a lot to love about being single, (You save money on Valentine's Day gifts, you get to meet new and interesting people) it all about how pretty the girl is to you. If she can cook well, that’s just an added perk. Whoever said the best way to man's heart is through his stomach was wrong (A man who looks like a teletubby can get good chicks only in south Indian movies ) Also, if you already did not know it, way to a woman’s heart is not through her stomach. It may not bode well. This was as government likes to put it ‘janhith me jaari”.
If you ask any married person on advising about getting married, you would get the best advise possible. Don’t.  It puzzles me when feminists say whatever a man can do, woman can do better.. In fact, the guy would be doing all chores. You know feminist people, it would be better if she would just do the work. It’s ok if she doesn’t do it ‘better’. I may have played with the ladies pride like Tyson did with Holyfield’s ear. But hey.. it was just for fun. I am going to take Ashish Shakya’s help again. “Take it with a pinch of salt. If you have lemon and tequila with it, it’s even better.”
P.S:  There was no purpose in writing this. Its random and crazy. Just like my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment