Sunday, March 06, 2011

Random depressing rambling..

Its raining in Charlotte. Is it beautiful? not exactly. Is it cold outside? Kind of. Why am I writing this? I don’t know.. May be because I’m shit bored. there is nothing to do.

What am I doing here? What do I do? Sit in front of the laptop and work during the weekdays and sit in front of laptop watching movies/teleserials during the weekends. Monotonous? You bet..

Charlotte, The queen city.. Named after a German princess Charlotte of Mecklenburg. And Mecklenburg is the county name. You think Americans don’t prefer Europeans? Check all the city names and places. Anyways, there is nothing much to see.. They say that the aero museum is nice, need to check the place. The one mall we like going to closes at 7 on Sundays and 9 on other days. That’s how active this city is.

This place is calm. So calm that it’s kind of eerie. You think I’m exaggerating? Try going for a walk anytime of the day. You will hardly see people out, even during summer time. Wal-Mart and the malls, that’s where you can see some people active.. And its not a very safe city either. Burglars and robbers are pretty active during winter. I have heard from my friends about how they were held at knife-point for their money. Well, as they say in Kannada, Ellaru maDuvudu hoTTegaagi.

It has been more than a year since I arrived here. The first impression was not great. The roads with potholes, not much of a traffic, cold and windy outside. The city has not made any efforts to change my impression though. I like snow but it snows twice or thrice only here. cold winters and very hot summers..

All my good friends were here when I arrived. People change when they go onsite they said.. Did not believe them. Well. now I have only one good friend, my roommate. He has been the company when everyone else moved away. thats life.

well.. There was no point in writing this blog. Dont bother to opine.

No comments:

Post a Comment